Meine Musik

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

back online...

Good morning?!

After a shower and a veeery long breakfast... now I'm sitting in front of my screen thinking about a clever post in my blog...

Yesterday i went to the movies. I watched "V for Vendetta", a good movie and great graphic novel-adaption. The story is more of topical interest than most people think... that's at least what i think. Don't get me wrong... we live in a free country and I'm quite happy and confident about it... but when I look around what governments do to "protect" us from terrorism i could puke. Restricting our liberties won't protect us. Filming every public square won't protect us. Biometric Indentification ... again... won't protect us! If... and i repeat IF any terrorist in the world would want to bomb a building... i think he/she could manage it and we could do nothing about it. I think it will just happen and we will have to live with it.
I can understand everyone who lost a relative, friend or loved one in a terrorist attack, i can comprehend their anger, hatred or despair but restricting our own individuality is just the wrong way to solve "the problem".
Quite the converse. We should celebrate our culture, our lives and our individuality. Although many people may doubt the virtues of our society, I'm more than convinced that it is still the best way! No question, we have to work on a lot of edges, but aren't we doing well?!
Mmmh... that's such a big subject... and i just started...

What I wanted to say in the first place: With all the "protection" we have to take a special care on our votes. We have to decide who we want to govern our country and have access to all the data and surveillance we already have today. Just think about somebody like Hitler... what would he do with the "tools" of today?
That's what I'm scared about...

How did I get there? Mmmh... The movie just let me think about it... and everyone should think about it too.

So long...

Greetings

1 comment:

Min Min said...

I remember commenting on your last post but my comment kinda ISN'T THERE...maybe I forgot to send it...hmm...never mind.

I like your reflection on this subject but I think some of these laws make sense. Although they might not prevent people who want to from bombing a building I think they will make it more difficult for them. So I am not totally against this kind of "protection" although being filmed everywhere is definitely not the right way to act.
Interesting subject, somehow.